ATLARPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Farmer

Go down

The Farmer Empty The Farmer

Post  Macready84464 Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:58 am

Details concerning this job.

The farmer is a job that leans more towards the economy and less towards the pvp aspect of the game. While you sacrifice certain pvp perks you will undoubtedly be able to make more money then the other jobs. If the amount of farmers is greater then the demand for the materials they produce though the prices for said materials will drop. Farmers can purchase land, plow, and plant seeds at any time of day as long as there is a mod present to oversee the events. However every day at twelve o clock you can harvest your crops if there is a mod present. The amount of crops you harvest is determined by the "harvest" dice. The harvest die will produce a number between 1 and 3.

There are two types of crops in the atlarpg. Primary crops, and Herbs/Teas. You can have 10 primary crops and 10 Herbs crops. The harvesting and planting of primary crops and Herb crops is different. Primary crops are specifically planted and cared for in their individual way. For example. Cattle need at least 1 acre of space and 1 hay per day. The hay requires at least 1 acre of space and the land needs to be fertilized, plowed, and the seeds need to be planted.

The more acres of one particular crop you have the more resources you get of it. The way this works is very simple. If i have 1 acre of hay then at 12 o clock if there is a mod present i could roll the harvest die and collect anywhere between 1 and 3 bales of hay. However if i have 3 acres of hay, then when 12 o clock rolls around i would roll the harvest die and multiply the outcome by 3. Herbs work differently. You plant herb crops and the amount of acres you have will increase your chances to get more herbs. Most herbs require you to first have many acres of land before you can begin to harvest them. Whereas most of the primary crops can be planted and harvested with only 1 acre.

If you are gone for X days then come back you will have lost out on the crops that could have been harvested. It's important to note though that you do not need to physically be at your farm to harvest, or feed your animals. As long as you log in you can be anywhere in the avatar world. Your farmhands will take care of things for you. You will need to be at your farm to plant seeds, plow, and fertilize though. In addition to buying more land.

Cattle- Is one of the more complicated resources in the game. The cows themselves are not a resource. But the things they produce are. 4 things are created with cattle. Milk, leather, fertilizer, and meat. Every farmer should have 1 acre of cows just for the fertilizer they produce which will allow you to be more self reliant. The amount of resources your cattle require and create is measured by a few different things. Fertilizer, and milk are resources you can gather every day and are determined by the number of acres you have. Meat, and leather are determined by slaughtering and harvesting the parts of 1 cow. Each acre can hold up to 5 cows. Cows also reproduce as well. which is shown with the calf roll. Each acre will have a fifty fifty chance to create 1 calf. so if i had 2 acres i could get one of 3 results. 0 calves that day, 1 calf that day, or 2 calves that day. IMPORTANT! if you do not have extra land purchased and set aside for newborn cattle before the harvest roll then you do not get to roll for calves this day. For example. I own 9 cows. So i need 2 acres to hold them. They produce the same amount of milk and fertilizer as 6 cows because the amount of milk and fertilizer is determined by acre not head of cattle. They also consume the same amount of hay as each other since food is determined by acre and not head. I own 2 acres of land for cattle right now. It's now time for my calf roll. since i have enough room for one more cow i can roll. however i can only hold up to 1 of the potential 2 cows. The additional cows, if any, don't exist. They can't be immediately traded or sold. Also for every acre of cows you have you will need 1 bale of hay to feed them. you do not need to log in to feed your cows but you do need to have enough hay in your inventory for 1 bale per acre. Feeding occurs at 11:59. You will need at least 2 cows in order to begin a calf roll. There is no special treatment that land designated for cattle needs. All players start with 2 cows and 3 acres of land. one of which is used to store your cattle. The prices for cattle and acres of land have not yet been established

Cotton- Used to create raw cotton that can be sold primarily to tailors. Requires one acre of land that has been prepared and cotton seeds. In order to prepare land you will need to plow the land, fertilize it, and then plant seeds that you will need to purchase from a supplier. There is no planting or harvest CD. The prices for cotton seeds and acres of land have not yet been established

Farmhands- In order to feed and water all your animals and plants you will need farmhands. Farmhands are NPCs that can be employed for a certain amount of money per day. You will need 1 farmhand for every 4 acres of land. This does not count the first 4 acres of land you use though, as you can handle 4 acres yourself. For example, in order to purchase a fifth acre of land you will need to hire a farmhand first. Even if it is just an empty acre of land, and there is nothing there that needs to be watered or fed. The prices for farmhands have not yet been established.

Fertilizer- made by your cows, needed to prepare the earth for seed planting. The more land you own the more fertilizer is needed to prepare it.

Hay- Is used to feed cattle. One acre of hay will sustain one acre of cattle forever as long as you are there to harvest it and store it. Always make sure to have enough hay in your inventory to feed your cattle if you are away. Hay requires one acre of prepared land to be planted. In order to prepare land you will need to plow the land, fertilize it, and then plant seeds that you will need to purchase from a supplier. There is no planting or harvest CD. The prices for Hay seeds and acres of land have not yet been established.

Mulberry- A tree that provides the food required to grow silk worms. One week planting CD and no harvest CD. Mulberry trees require 2 acres. Meaning you will need to plant and harvest in groups of 2. For example. I decided to buy mulberry seeds and plant some trees. I need to buy enough seeds for 2 acres and i also need to prepare the ground for the planting of the seeds. which will require plowing, and fertilizing both acres. Also every two acres counts as 1 harvest. So for 2 acres i will roll once. The prices for mulberry seeds and acres of land have not yet been established

Rice- A food staple for the economy. Nothing special about it. Just prepare the land and plant the seeds. No planting or harvest CD. The prices for rice seeds and acres of land have not yet been established

Silk worms- The only other animal raised by the farmer. Silk worms are an extremely expensive investment. Their food source also requires you to waste an acre of land. You can only own one group of silk worms at a time. Important!! your silk worms can die if you do not feed them. Your farmhands will take care of things while you are away as long as you have mulberry stored to feed them. If your silkworms die then you need to buy new ones. Silkworms must not be traded. You must buy them legally from the representative of your area. Silk worms have a 3 day CD and need 2 pounds of mulberry a day. The good news about silkworms though is that they do not require land to keep them on. The prices for Silk Worms have not yet been established but rest assured they will be very expensive

The Beta Table for the Farmer

[/tr]
Acreage Table 1 2 3 45 6 78 910 1112 13 14 1516 1718 1920
Price... ... ... 25 50 75 100 150 200 250 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000 1500 2000
Plowlevel 1 ... ... ... level 2 ... ... ... level 3 ... ... ... level 4 ... ... ... level 5 ... ... ...
Farmhand... ... ... 1 ... ...... 2 ... ... ...3 ... ... ... 4... ... ... 5
Fertilizer 1 1 2 2 3 34 44 5 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 7 8 8

Herbs and Teas

Herb and tea table 1 acre 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10...
Herb Price25 50 75 100 125 150 175 200 250 300
Weak tea leaf 1 2 22 3 33 4 4 4
Sandalwood 1 122 223 33 4
Gingko1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4
Echinacea... ... ... 11 12 2 3 3
Tea leaf ... ... ... ... 1 11 22 3
Ginseng ... ... ... ...1 1 1 2 2 2
Jasmine ... ... ... ...... 1 1 1 2 2
Strong tea leaf ... ... ... ...... ... 1 1 1 2
Ginger... ... ... ... ... ...1 11 2
Matcha ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 1 2

Teas and Herbs work differently then Primary crops. the more crops of herbs and teas you have planted the greater harvest you can expect and greater abundance of different herbs as well. For example. I will need 5 acres of herbs and teas before i can start the harvest roll on Tea Leaf and Ginseng. You can't specify which herb or tea you want to plant. This would also be a good time to introduce the tea point system. In order to make a tea there will usually be a tea point value that must be met, and secondary herbs that are added in. You will need a tea pot as well to make tea. There are 3 different types of tea leaves. Weak tea leaf, Tea Leaf, and Strong Tea Leaf. The weak tea leaf is worth 1 point. The Tea Leaf is worth 5 points. And the Strong Tea leaf is worth 20 points. You can use any amount of tea leaves to get to the required point value of a tea. For example. A strong jasmine tea requires 60 tea points, or TP, and 3 jasmine. I can get the 60 TP with 60 weak tea leaves, or with 12 Tea leaves, or with 3 Strong Tea leaves. Some teas don't have a TP value but require certain tea leaves in particular. These teas will ask for specific leaves. Like 5 Strong Tea leaves. These teas can't be made using weaker tea leaves. remember that anyone can make teas but the farmer produces the herbs, the herbalist turns the raw plants into finished products, and then the consumer can create a delectable, and useful tea.

The plow that you need to use will be determined by how many acres you have in total. As you purchase more and more acres you work out farther and farther away from the already tilled soil. You will need a better plow to handle the tougher earth. Earthbenders do not need plows but remember for every level in earthbending you have you can plow 2 fields. So in order to plow 20 fields i would need to be a level 10 earthbender. it's imporant to remember that you will need to be able to plow the land you own. You don't have to plow the land you own but you will need to have a higher earthbending level or plow rating then you have acres of land. Plows can be made by blacksmiths should you need to purchase a better one. plows can be traded but remember you will need to keep a plow if you ever go back to replant seeds.

Hand me down plow- a level 1 plow. the plow you start with can be used for your first 4 acres of land. Consult the Blacksmith for info on better plows.

Macready84464
Admin

Character info
Level: 1
HEALTH:
The Farmer Left_bar_bleue14/14The Farmer Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
CHI:
The Farmer Left_bar_bleue20/20The Farmer Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

https://atlarpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum