ATLARPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character profile?

3 posters

Go down

Character profile? Empty Character profile?

Post  Curlzgirl Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:13 am

Just a few questions. Ok, so, if I go to my character's info, there are certain things I can enter, and certain things I can't enter. I can't enter a skill or job. Do I have to make my character's profile first, and then you enter those things? And if I do have to create my character's profile, would it be possible for you to show an example of one so I know what you would like me to put there? And do I have to wait for my character to earn money to buy some clothes? Or am i allowed to just make some up to start out with since it would seem I can enter clothes in my character info. What are the limits of clothes I can choose, if so? Such as armor items or just cloth? Am I allowed to start out with certain trinkets or do I have to buy them?

Curlzgirl

Character info
Level: 1
HEALTH:
Character profile? Left_bar_bleue18/18Character profile? Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
CHI:
Character profile? Left_bar_bleue18/18Character profile? Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)

Back to top Go down

Character profile? Empty Re: Character profile?

Post  Macready84464 Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks for helping out curlzgirl. seriously it helps a lot.

Ok, so, if I go to my character's info, there are certain things I can enter, and certain things I can't enter. I can't enter a skill or job. Do I have to make my character's profile first, and then you enter those things?

There are 3 things you can't change. Your level, your skill, or your job. You do indeed have to create a character first. Indicating what skill and job you would like to have then after a mod approves your character your skill and job will be set. Your level will be changed by a mod as it is needed. Everyone starts out at level 1. So don't ask.

And if I do have to create my character's profile, would it be possible for you to show an example of one so I know what you would like me to put there?

I'll have Ataru post a stellar example of his character so everyone will have a good idea what to emulate.

And do I have to wait for my character to earn money to buy some clothes? Or am i allowed to just make some up to start out with since it would seem I can enter clothes in my character info.

All the characters start clothed it's just that the starting clothing is of little to no consequence combat wise so they don't qualify as something that would appear in your character sheet. The equipment slots for your character are for more specialized gear. If you wish to give a visual description of your characters clothing you may. But if not everyone can just assume that if you are an earthbender living in the earth kingdom then you probably wear a lot of green. etc etc

What are the limits of clothes I can choose, if so? Such as armor items or just cloth? Am I allowed to start out with certain trinkets or do I have to buy them?

As of right now there are no physical restrictions on clothing. An airbender could wear heavy steel armor if they wished. and a warrior could wear silk if he wanted to. But the deciding factor for which clothing or armor you wear is how it effects your defensive attributes. For example an airbenders greatest talent is it's ability to stay out of harms way. If it wears lighter clothing it will accentuate that strength. But if it wears heavier armors then his deflection will go up but his already high dodge will flatten out at the same place deflection is now at. and in most cases a simple defense check will determine if you are hit by an attack or not. Remember that your defense value is determined by which of your defensive attributes is the highest. If your dodge is 90 but your deflection is 10 your defense value will be 90. If your dodge is 60 and your deflection is 60 then your defense value is 60. Only in rare cases would you actually want to lower your primary defensive attribute to raise your weaker defensive attribute.

As of right now nobody starts with trinkets. I suppose if you wanted to describe a family heirloom you carried on your person, like a necklace, or a pocket watch you could equip it there. Just know that it serves no purpose in combat. And later on when people reach higher levels and can create and purchase trinkets you'll just have to replace your heirloom with your sweet new trinket. Not that you can't carry it on your character anymore. It's just that the equipment slots are for easily checking what kind of gear your opponent is wearing.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to post them. Thank you for the help Wink

Macready84464
Admin

Character info
HEALTH:
Character profile? Left_bar_bleue14/14Character profile? Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
CHI:
Character profile? Left_bar_bleue20/20Character profile? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

https://atlarpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Curlzgirl Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:03 pm

No problem Very Happy I'm good at asking questions, so this job is easy, haha.

Ok, here's another: Which places (such as the northern and southern water tribes) belong to each of the sides. I know that now the world is basically a mixing-pot of the nations, but are there still places each of the 2 major cities are divided into? Like towns and such? And do other people other than the water tribes live in the north and south pole now?

Curlzgirl

Character info
HEALTH:
CHI:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ataru Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:41 pm

At the starting point of the game everyone will live on the 'mainland' somewhere between Omashu and Ba Sing Se. Most of the places from Book 2, basically. Once we get more people and people start requesting new countries we will eventually have all the places in the world available, but for the start we want to keep people more or less together. In your background you can be from basically anywhere in the world, just as long as you somehow end up living in either Lotus or Daichi in the end.
Ataru
Ataru
Admin

Character info
HEALTH:
Character profile? Left_bar_bleue20/20Character profile? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
CHI:
Character profile? Left_bar_bleue12/12Character profile? Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post  Curlzgirl Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:54 pm

K, thanks. See, I was just curious because I was going to have my character born in the northern water tribe and I just wanted to know whether that fell in Lotus or Daichi. Not sure if that relates directly to the story thread or not, but I figured I would just ask here, as I was a bit confused

Curlzgirl

Character info
HEALTH:
CHI:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down